The product managers and developers for MovingAway.com have spent considerable effort to improve the responsiveness of the website. Now, they’re trying to determine the best way to measure the performance of the site. What’s one factor they should consider in choosing responsiveness metrics?
- Average time between user clicks measures view time
- Ratio of total visitors per day to total hits per day
- Using cloud-based testing services to simulate the actual user experience
- Using real-world results instead of lab-testing results
The essential part of every optimization process is testing. Only by testing can you gather reliable data and make data-driven decisions.
Some best testing practices include:
- integrating testing platforms with analytics tools
- trust data, not emotions
- run tests continuously
- use multiple tests
- use real-world results