The product managers and developers for GlobalMovers.com have spent considerable effort to improve the performance of the website. Now they are trying to determine the best way to measure the performance of the site. What is one factor they should consider in choosing performance metrics?
- Ratio of total visitors per day to total hits per day
- Using real-world results instead of lab-testing results
- Separating spider hits from cached and visitor hits
- Using cloud-based testing services to simulate the actual user experience
The essential part of every optimization process is testing. Only by testing can you gather reliable data and make data-driven decisions.
Some best testing practices include
- integrating testing platforms with analytics tools
- trust data, not emotions
- run tests continuously
- use multiple tests
- use real-world results