The business, WatchSpark, has an effective team comprised of an analyst, C-level, designer, developer, and marketer. Regardless of their job title or function, their work all has something in common. What do these members of WatchSpark share in common?
- All of their business roles connect to the end user.
- They’re all trying to understand how users are interacting with experiences.
- Each of their primary goals is to drive revenue.
- Their primary goal is to grow social engagement.
Every modern organization should develop user-focused business strategies. Building up a user-focused organization, consider these key aspects:
- Build relationships between teams. For example, align marketing and sales teams.
- Develop a testing strategy. Create a continuous cycle of monitoring, listening, testing, and implementing changes.
- Share responsibilities across teams.
While everyone has a different role in the organization, one thing is common to all teams. They all should focus on the end-users and their experience.