Lloyd has been researching what makes a user-focused organization a successful one. During this research, Lloyd has come to realize that everyone plays a part in optimizing the user experience on an ongoing basis. What is the designer’s part in optimizing the user experience on an ongoing basis?
- Aligning with developers to create options for testing site and app improvements
- Supporting and encouraging testing and enabling budgets to allow for it
- Building the test environments and implementing changes that were successful in testing
- Implementing tracking for measurable outcomes and share data across teams
Every modern organization should develop user-focused business strategies. Building up a user-focused organization, consider these key aspects:
- Build relationships between teams. For example, align marketing and sales teams.
- Develop a testing strategy. Create a continuous cycle of monitoring, listening, testing, and implementing changes.
- Share responsibilities across teams.
Establishing good relationships between teams minimizes errors and allows a better understanding of each team’s constraints.