Sorry, no content matched your criteria.
Hubspot Email Marketing 2018 Certification Exam Answers
Hubspot Email Marketing 2018 Certification Exam Answers, Advanced lessons on managing a sustainable email marketing strategy.
Much emails are sent every second worldwide, but most of them are never opened. This advanced email marketing training certification will teach you how lifecycle marketing, segmentation, email design, deliverability, analytics and optimization come together to create an email marketing strategy that grows your business, and your career.
- A strategy used to market products and services and nurture relationships in a human and helpful way through the use of the email channel.
- A separate strategy outside of your inbound efforts that involves sending email.
- A strategy for sending all types of email for your business, including sales emails and administrative emails.
- A strategy around sending transactional email for your business.
- Email marketing provides a one-to-one channel of communication.
- Email marketing provides different types of email.
- Email marketing syncs closely to your CRM.
- Email marketing syncs data to external platforms.
- Develop a way to send blast email, create conversations, and close customers.
- Create a human, helpful, and customer-driven conversation and experience.
- Create a human, inbound, and holistic experience.
- Create a helpful, human, and lead-only driven conversation and experience.
Segmentation is an important piece of your inbound email marketing strategy. What does segmentation primarily help you do?
- Send the right person the right message at the right time.
- Create active lists for your business.
- Segment contacts who you can’t connect with.
- Segment the different functions of your business to target outreach and communication.
- A buyer persona is an actual representation of your customer based on real data.
- A buyer persona is a semi-fictional representation of your lead before they become a customer.
- A buyer persona is a semi-fictional representation of your ideal customer.
- A buyer persona is a tool you use to define your ideal customer.
You’re looking to send an email to three different lists of contacts. You’ve created each segmented list based off where those contacts are in their research process with your company. What type of lists have you created?
- Buyer’s journey lists
- Buyer’s plan lists
- Customer journey lists
- User journey lists
The significance of segmentation, the power of personalization, and the impact of data-driven analysis are the three pillars of an _________.
- effective inbound marketing strategy.
- email marketing sending strategy.
- email marketing and sales strategy.
- effective email marketing strategy.
As an inbound professional you might be sending many different types of emails, even one-to-one communication emails. What will you need to send one-to-many emails?
- Email sending provider
- Email service program
- Email service provider
- Email sender program
You can use your database and contact management strategy to do a few things: see the whole picture of every contact, organize contacts to keep a healthy database at all times, and what else?
- Organize all the interactions you have.
- Integrate your contact information with other tools you use.
- Integrate with the other parts of your platform.
- Integrate your email information with the other tools you use.
- content and email
- strategy and content
- outbound and inbound
- context and content
Each year your contacts database will decay, so to successfully cater to the needs and interests of your contacts, what do you need to begin with?
- The right contacts in your database
- The right program to analyze the trends
- The right platform to bring in new contacts
- The right strategy to measure the decay
Before emailing any contacts in your database, what question do you need to ask yourself or your team?
- Do we have permission?
- Do we have a segment of contacts?
- Do we have a goal?
- Do we have an email template?
If you have an offer that’s targeted towards your leads in your database and wouldn’t provide as much value to your customers, what could you segment by to send only to your leads?
- Lifecycle stage
- Contact property
- Buyer’s journey
- Buyer persona
To help you track the health of your database, you’ll typically want to have a few segments that help you monitor that health. What is one example of a segment to track health?
- A segment that tracks all ineligible contacts
- A segment that tracks all emails sent
- A segment that tracks all actively subscribed contacts
- A segment that tracks all contact sources
You received an email this morning where the content didn’t align with the subject or the context in which you were receiving it. It was a jarring experience for you. What was this email not doing?
- Creating the right email by bringing content and subject line together
- Creating the right email by bringing content and context together
- Creating the right email by bringing context and buyer personas together
- Creating the right email by bringing inbound and email together
True or false? When you take a specific action on a website around a certain topic, and an email is triggered to you that follows up with additional educational content around that topic, this is an example of sending the right email.
- Buyer personas
- Buyer’s journey
- Contact properties
Fill in the blank: Connecting the different stages of the buyer’s journey with the content you’re sending is an example of ____________.
Using the data you have on each of your contacts—such as when they open, click, and convert—and scheduling your emails to send when your contacts are mostly likely to engage with your email is the definition of what?
- Send opportunity personalization
- Send time property
- Send delivering personalization
- Send time personalization
Sending the right email requires tactical aspects. Which of these are tactical aspects of sending the right email?
- Email layout
- All of the above
By adding the following copy to your email, what are you doing for your contacts? “Thanks for subscribing to my blog. I’m thrilled to have you here! You’ll be receiving updates from me on how to send better emails on a monthly basis, but if you’re looking to update your email preferences, you can do so anytime here. Invite your team members to subscribe because when we learn together, we grow together.”
- Setting expectations
- Subscribing them
- Aligning content
- Nurturing the contacts
- Attention, interest, desire, action
- Attention, interest, decision, action
- Attention, ideas, desire, action
- Attention, intention, decision, action
Having an understanding of what you’re trying to achieve is the most important part of creating high-performing emails. What theme does this correlate to?
- Setting a goal
- Selecting a template
- Discussing with your team
- Sending your email
- The segment and the open
- The open and the click
- The contacts and the goal
- The subject line and the preview text
- The completion of an open
- The completion of a click
- The completion of a desired action
- The completion of all clicks
- 41–50 characters
- 55–75 characters
- 10–20 characters
- 75–100 characters
You have one goal for your email, and your CTA should drive the reader toward that goal. In addition to your CTA button, how else can you link to your CTA?
- By hyperlinking appropriate copy
- By editing alt-text
- By linking images to your offer
- All of the above
- Email you technically opted in to receive but do not really want.
- Email you never opted in to receive and do not want.
- Email you opted in to receive and engage with.
- Email that’s delivered to your spam folder.
Through sources, permissions, and expectations, you’re taking a close look at the contacts lists that you’re sending email to. This will help you ______.
- build trust
- create segments
- build segmentation
- build email deliverability
- Segmented and non-segmented
- Opened and clicked
- Positive and negative
- Engaged and did not engage
True or false? Email deliverability is the measurement and understanding of how successful a sender is at getting their marketing email into people’s inboxes.
- Email client
- Email engagement
- Email outsourcing
- Email platform
- 600 pixels
- 55 pixels
- 900 pixels
- 400 pixels
There are three types of metrics you want to analyze and track. Two of them are individual email metrics and whole marketing channel metrics. What is the third?
- Return on investment
- Segmentation strategy
- Social media collaboration
- Return on value
True or false? Creating a consistent learning experience is a step in outlining the design of your marketing emails.
True or false? You want to strive for a very little drop off between the number of people you sent to and the number of people you were able to successfully deliver to.
Fill in the blank: Return on investment is used in many aspects of your inbound strategy. In your email marketing strategy, it is defined as the overall return your ________.
- email campaigns bring in from your business’ initial investment.
- email segments bring in from your business’ initial investment.
- emails deliveries bring in from your business’ initial investment.
- email engagements bring in from your business’ initial investment.
- The email is trying to do too many things.
- The email doesn’t have a CTA.
- The email doesn’t have a link to a web-page version.
- The email wasn’t sent to enough people.
- open rates
- click rates
- Why am I running this test?
- What am I testing?
- Who am I testing with?
- How long will my test run?
- Variations of your email
- The subject line of your email
- The body of your email
- The segment of contacts
- Design your test.
- Review and start your test.
- Evaluate the segment of recipients you’re sending to.
- Analyze your whole email marketing strategy performance.
- The detailed examination of anything complex in order to understand its nature or to determine its essential features.
- The detailed examination of your emails specifically.
- The examination of all your marketing efforts at all times.
- The examination of how well you’re doing analysis.
The number of valid email addresses that accepted your company’s message is the definition of what metric?
- Emails delivered
- Emails sent
- Emails suppressed
- Emails rejected
- Lead automation
- Marketing automation
- Services automation
- Sales automation
- At least 1,000
- At least 50
- At least 2,000
- At least 500
Fill in the blank: ________ will give you the number for each email recipient sample size that will help yield conclusive results.
- A significance test calculator
- The results of your A/B test
- The results of the pre-work of your A/B test
- The purpose of your A/B test
- Confidence interval
- Confidence value
- Confidence level
- Confidence percentage
In an interview with the HubSpot partner Campaign Creators, what did they say is one of the most important parts of their lead nurturing strategy?
- The measurement and understanding of how successful a sender is at getting their marketing email into people’s inboxes
- A program to get into people's inboxes
- The measurement of how successful a sender is at not getting lost in the spam folder
- The measurement and understanding of spam filters
True or false? This an example of timeliness within lead nurturing: “A contact downloads a piece of content on ‘The Best Ways to Create Subject Lines for Email Newsletters.’ You and your company send a follow-up piece of content that builds off that subject, such as a blog post on how to write effective email copy.”
When looking to send email to your contacts you need to collect what _______ to help build the trust you need to create lasting relationships with your contacts.
- Verifiable permission
- Email address
- Email domain
- Verifiable business name
When planning an effective lead nurturing campaign, what is the first step that you should take as an inbound professional?
- Setting goals
- Creating content
- Selecting personas
- Identifying the timeline
- Measuring and improving.
- Setting goals
- Selecting personas
- Measuring and improving
- Creating content
- Identifying the timeline
A lead views a specific page on your website, say, your case study page. You then send targeted follow-up content like one of your more popular case studies. This is an example of what type of email?
When creating your overall lead nurturing strategy, what is something you want to keep in mind and make a part of your strategy?
- Treating your contacts the way you want to be treated and showing them value
- Contact management and segmentation
- Lead rotation for handoff to sales
- Only top-of-the-funnel contacts
Fill in the blank: Without ________ for your emails, you won’t know if your emails are successful or not.
Fill in the blank: In your email marketing strategy, CATS refers to “the right content to the right audience ______________.”
- at the right time equals success.
- at the right time equals sending.
- at the right term equals successful sending.
- at the right test equals success.
When sending the right email, there are three key things you’ll need to understand: why you are sending that email, your goal, and the value you’re delivering to the person on the other end of the send. This gives you the foundation to __________.
- set the right buyer personas to send email by setting appropriate segments in your database that will match with the content you’re creating
- set the right template for your emails to send the most contextual message to the appropriate segments
- set the right expectations with those receiving your email by setting an appropriate and contextual goal and then pairing that with information that will provide the most value
- set the right foundations to send your transactional emails at the right time
Fill in the blank: In the _________ stage of the buyer's journey, the potential buyer has defined their problem and is actively researching different solutions.
Fill in the blank: Words like “free” or “percent off” will not only trigger spam filters for your email, but will also ___________
have higher unsubscribe rates.
trigger better sales.
align with the content for coupons in the email.
not sound like the email is coming from a real person.
Fill in the blank: The snippet of copy that’s pulled in from the body of your email is the _________.
True or false? On average, for every dollar spent on email, it has consistently produced anywhere from a $40-44 return.
In the email world, consent can be defined as any time you collect verifiable permission from an email recipient to send them email. What is one way you can collect consent?
Selecting a checkbox to grant consent
Filling out a form
Selecting a checkbox in an email
Filling out a lead flow
True or false? If you cannot determine the source of your contacts, you have verifiable permission to send them.
When deciding to run an A/B test, your team discusses the length of time you want to run your test for. What should you and your team do to define the time range?
Decide that three hours is long enough because people never check our emails after that.
Try to test for 24 hours to give us enough time to produce statistically significant results.
Three hours is too long. We should only run it for an hour so we can make our decision faster.
We should review past emails we’ve sent to see where opens and clicks start to drop off, then identify the time frame we want to test in.
Sources, permissions, expectations
Sources, expectations, delivery rate
Sources, clicks, opens
Sources, permissions, delivery rate
Fill in the blank: A ___________ strategy is focused on using a software program to easily store and source a contact’s information, including their name, contact history, email information, and more.
There are three key components to sending the right email. Two of them are the right email and the right time. What is the third?
The right person
The right segments
The right email platform
The right buyer personas
Taking the essential pieces of any email and optimizing each piece to help drive conversions towards your set goal will help you create high-performing emails. What are these essential pieces?
The goal of why you’re sending it and then the carefully designed components layered on top of each other
The segments you’re sending to and the deliverability goals of your email
The template you’re using to send your email and the footer information you’re using
The segments of contacts you do not send to and the the segments you are sending to
Opt-in, opt-out, and neutral
Neutral, opt-in, and confirmed opt-in
Opt-out, opt-in, and GDPR opt-out
There are only two.
Whether or not a receiver accepts your email
Whether or not a contact opens your email
Whether or not a receiver clicks your email
Whether or not a receiver rejects your email
Your email metrics are your listening device to refine and improve your marketing emails over time. What can your metrics help you track?
Conversations across emails
When sending emails and setting goals, you want to go beyond checkpoints of activities for your goals. What are examples of checkpoints of activity?
Open and click rates
Any email recipients who was sent to and accepted your message.
Any email recipients who can’t be sent to because you do not have the legal basis of permission to send to them under GDPR.
Any email recipients who can’t be sent to either because they unsubscribed, bounced, or were suppressed.
Any email recipients who have opted in to receive your message and were sent to
Lead nurturing can be defined as a way to build relationships. While building these relationships, there are key benefits to your business. Lead nurturing will help you build relationships by being the ___________.
timely, efficient, and targeted approach to connecting with your leads
timely, effective, and targeted approach to connecting with your contacts
timely, efficient, and targeted approach to connecting with your contacts
timely, efficient, and segmented approach to connecting with your contacts
True or false? The email body copy, the body design/layout, the body images, the CTA, and the email signature are all elements that can affect the open rate of your email.
There are three best practices for creating a successful segmentation strategy. Two of them are having a clean and organized database and collecting the right information. What is the third?
Understanding implicit and explicit data
Sending at the right time
Having buyer personas
Segmenting by the buyer's journey
Someone on your team hands you a list to send out your newest marketing email to. You have been working on this email for a while, and they said the contacts on this list will appreciate the content. As an inbound professional, you know you can’t send to a purchased or enriched list of contacts. You need more information about this list in order to send to them. How could you respond to your co-worker?
Do we have verifiable permission to send to them?
Perfect, thanks for giving this to me. I forgot to create a list for this email.
Perfect! Do we have their first names though? I want to add personalization.
Hold on. Where did this list come from? I want to know because I can probably add this list to all our emails now if you think they are a good fit for our content.
Write for scalability.
Use the overall inbound tone.
Add preview text.
Have unsubscribe links.
If explicit data is information that is intentionally shared between a contact and a company, what is implicit data?
Information gathered from website activity
Information gathered from a form submission
Information gathered from implied behavior
Information gathered from user behavior
The process of building relationships with your prospects with the goal of earning their business when they’re ready.
The process of building relationships with leads specifically to convert them for the first time.
The process of developing your sales relationships.
The process of developing your relationships through inbound service.